thank you for visiting our website. The protection of your privacy is very important to Evotec and we are committed to safeguarding your data and the information of the individuals and organisations with whom we interact including visitors to our websites or recipients of marketing emails. This Privacy Statement is issued by Evotec SE on behalf of itself and its domestic and international subsidiaries and affiliates (“Evotec”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) and sets out how we will treat your personal information.
Evotec is a drug discovery alliance and development partnership company focused on rapidly progressing innovative product approaches with leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, academics, patient advocacy groups and venture capitalists. As a strictly business-to-business focused organization, we do not market, sell, or distribute products or services directly to patients or consumers. Accordingly, and as described in more detail below, the personal information that we collect and process is generally limited to what is necessary to conduct business with other businesses operating within, but not limited to, the pharmaceutical, biotech and healthcare industries.
This privacy statement applies to the personal information we collect through the Evotec online channels, including websites and social media pages that reference this privacy statement (“Digital Channels”); offline collection in connection with sales, marketing, partner and supplier engagement (“Analog Channels”); and third-party sources, including but not limited to ad networks and address brokers (the “Channels”). This privacy statement does not apply to personal information gathered through our “Career” page that is subject to the “Privacy Information for applicants” available here, or to third party services that post their own separate privacy policies.
The Digital Channels may provide links to other third-party websites and features, or contain third-party cookies, that Evotec does not own or control. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
This privacy statement describes the types of personal information we gather, how we collect and may use that personal information, with whom we may share it, and how you may exercise your rights regarding our processing of the information.
The privacy statement also describes the measures we take to safeguard the personal information we collect and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
We may amend or update this privacy statement from time to time to reflect changes in our practices with respect to the processing of personal information or changes to applicable law. We will post such amendments and updates to our websites.
Evotec SE, Essener Bogen 7, 22419 Hamburg, firstname.lastname@example.org is responsible for this website.
Click on one of the links below to go directly to the listed chapter:
1 Collection and use of personal information
You may be asked to provide your personal information anytime you are in contact with Evotec. Evotec may share this personal information within Evotec with each other and use it consistent with this privacy statement. We may combine it with other information to provide anonymous, aggregated statistical information to help us improve our products, services, content, and advertising.
We may also collect your personal information from publicly available resources such as company, university, and publications websites, and combine it with personal data we have collected about you, to complete our customer profile of you in support of our sales and marketing activities.
1.1 What personal information we collect
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the websites, which include information, provided at the time of registering to use the registration-only sections of the websites such as username, password and security question and answer, if applicable.
- Personal details: Your given name(s), or preferred name(s)
- Contact details: Your postal address, telephone number, fax, and email address
- Employment details: Your industry, job title/position, business activities, names of current and former employers
- Tradeshow related information
- Electronic Identifying Data: Unique personal identifiers (such as IP addresses, cookies, and other forms of identifiers).
- Email correspondence with you
- Preferences: Areas of your specific interest drawn from any of the information identified above as well as survey and online applications to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences
1.2 How we use your personal information
We may process your personal information: for the purposes described in this privacy statement, with your consent, for compliance with a legal obligation to which Evotec is subject, or for the performance of a contract to which your company is party. If you have questions about this legal basis, you can contact the data protection officer.
The following processing activities are based on your consent (Art. 6 para 1 lit. a GDPR):
- We will use personal data for direct marketing communications about our products, services, events and promotions (such as by sending promotional materials, newsletters and other marketing communications), to conduct and facilitate surveys, marketing or sales analytics, lead generation, business development, event management, market research and development (trend analysis, financial analysis and customer segmentation), education and training
- We use personal information for ad retargeting and evaluation of the effectiveness of our marketing efforts (including through our participation in ad networks); and managing the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing campaigns and managing our brand
- We may use your email address to send you marketing emails to a designated email address. If you do not wish to receive such marketing emails, you may opt out by declining to receive such emails when registering or at other information collection points on our websites or by following opt-out instructions included in such emails
Processing for the performance of a contract with the company you work for (Art. 6 para 1 lit. f GDPR):
- The personal information we collect allows us to provide our products and services, process and fulfil orders and keep you informed about the status of your order, provide customer support, create, administer and communicate with you about your account (including any purchases and payments), and provide investor services
- We will use personal information to process, evaluate and respond to requests and enquiries; administer and register participants in our courses, events or webcasts
- From time to time we may use your personal information to verify your identity and protect against and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure and quality; to maintain and enhance the safety and security of our products, services, online channels, network services, information resources and employees
1.3 Sources of personal information (where they are not collected directly from you)
- We may receive your personal information from third parties who provide it to us (e.g. your employer or other third parties with whom you or any affiliated organization may be connected, such as one of our customers or suppliers)
- We may receive your personal information from publicly available sources, online advertising companies, and social media pages or in connection with sales, marketing, and partner and supplier engagement, lists from acquired companies, events and conferences, and purchased lists
You can manage your subscription preferences to select the type of communications you wish to receive from Evotec at any time or alternatively you will be able to unsubscribe from all communications by using the link in the footer of our emails or by sending an email to email@example.com. We will then not send you any further marketing communications.
1.4 Automatically collected information
- Web Server Logs: A web server log is a log file of activities performed by the users on our website that is created and maintained by a server (also see 1.5 “Usage Data”)
- IP Address: An IP address is a number assigned to your computer or router whenever you access the Internet that allows your devices and servers to recognise and communicate with each other. We store the IP address transmitted by your web browser for a period of seven days in order to detect, limit and eliminate faults or errors (e.g. attacks on our servers). After this period has expired, we delete or anonymise the IP address. We use the IP address exclusively for the above-mentioned security purposes
- In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on Evotec websites or landing pages. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages. The data will help us improve and better customise our future marketing communications and/or prioritise follow-ups.
1.5 Usage data
When you visit our websites, so-called usage data is temporarily stored on the web servers for statistical purposes as a protocol in order to improve the quality of our website. This data set consists of:
- the page from which the file was requested
- the name of the file
- the date and time of the query
- the amount of data transferred
- the access status (file transferred, file not found)
- the description of the type of web browser used
- the IP address of the requesting computer, which is shortened in such a way that a personal reference can no longer be produced
We use this information to enable the access to our website, to control and administrate our systems and to improve the design of our website. The legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 para 1 lit. f GDPR.
1.6 Our service providers
We use service providers to operate our websites, CRM, marketing automation platform and other internet services. These service providers are strictly bound to our instructions with a contract according to Article 28 GDPR.
Service providers are helping us with the processing of your data. These service providers operate, for example, our servers on which your data is stored. In cases where service providers have access to personal data processed by us from outside the European Union or the European Economic Area, we have established contracts including Standard Contractual Clauses (which you can find here) or other measures to ensure an adequate level of data protection in the respective country.
1.7 Google Analytics
We use the web analysis tool “Google Analytics” to design our websites according to your needs. Google Analytics creates user profiles on the basis of pseudonyms. For this purpose, permanent cookies are stored on your end device and read by us. With the help of these cookies, we are able to recognise returning visitors and count them as such.
As part of Google Analytics, Google supports us as a processor in accordance with Art. 28 GDPR. Data processing can also take place outside the EU or the EEA. With regard to Google, an appropriate level of data protection pursuant to Art. 45 para. 1 GDPR can be assumed by using EU standard contract clauses in our data processing agreement according to Art. 28 GDPR.
Data processing is based on your consent pursuant to § 15 para 3 s. 1 TMG (German teleservices act) , provided you have given your consent via our banner.
You can revoke your consent at any time via our consent banner by clicking here.
If you do not agree with the storage and evaluation of this data from your visit, you can also revoke your consent by mouse click. In this case, a so-called opt-out cookie is stored in your browser, which means that Matomo does not collect any session data. If you delete your cookies, however, this means that the opt-out cookie is also deleted and may have to be activated again by you.
Your visit to this website is currently recorded by Matomo web analysis. Click here to revoke your consent so that your visit is no longer recorded.
We use HubSpot for our online marketing activities. With HubSpot we cover these aspects of our online marketing:
Hosting content including news related to events
- E-mail marketing (trade fair invitations, new content promotion)
- Landing Pages and Contact Forms
- Reporting (in the form of reportings about the use of our website)
Visitors of our website are able to learn more about our company, download content, and provide us with their contact details or other information.
This information is partly stored on servers of our software partner HubSpot. This information can be used by us to contact visitors of our website and to determine which services of our company are of interest for them. The statistical usage data of our online marketing offers helps us to optimise the website functions and to provide our website visitors with content that is tailored to their interests.
HubSpot is is subject to the TRUSTe’s Privacy Seal.
- More information about the data protection regulations of HubSpot
- More information from HubSpot regarding EU data protection regulations
- More information about the cookies used by HubSpot can be found here and here.
The legal basis is Art. 6 para 1 s. 1 lit. f GDPR to improve our online services.
To protect your data from unwanted access, we use encryption to encrypt the transport channel of email communication with you between your and our email-server. Your information is transmitted from your email server to our server and vice versa via the internet using at least 128-bit TLS encryption (Transport Layer Security) if your emails server supports this. You can recognize this by checking the source code of the email.
We also encrypt the transport channel of your data between your and our webserver with at least 128-bit TLS encryption. You can recognize the encrypted communication with our webserver at the lock next to the address bar.
1.12 Contact form, registration and downloadable content
You may contact us via our websites or microsite/landing pages to enquire about a service, register for an event or to download content (e.g., posters, publications, presentations, videos and other materials and rich media resources). During this process, we may ask you for your contact details that you give us voluntarily. We also collect data each time you download a particular piece of content. We use this data for forwarding your request to the responsible department as well as keeping you informed about our research, new services or our events or other information that is relevant to you. You can withdraw your consent concerning the use of this data at any time by sending us an email or by using the unsubscribe buttons on any marketing emails. We will not use your data any further after the withdrawal of your consent.
2 Sharing and transmission of personal information
We will not disclose or share your personal data to third parties, except in the following circumstances and in accordance with applicable law:
- With your consent
- To our global affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions and groups worldwide and third-party service providers, who act on our behalf and instructions to fulfil product orders, deliver services, provide IT support, and fulfil the other purposes set forth above
- To our affiliates, who work with us to improve our and their products, services and business practices
- As required by applicable law, including, without limitation, in response to any government or regulatory agency request, to cooperate with law enforcement investigations, or upon receipt of any court order, and
- To courts and public authorities to protect you, us, or third parties from harm, including fraud or instances where somebody’s physical safety is at risk.
We are not responsible for the privacy policies of websites to which our websites may link. If you provide any information to such third parties, different rules regarding the collection and use of your personal data will apply. We strongly suggest you review such third party’s privacy policies before providing any data to them. We are not responsible for the policies or practices of third parties.
2.1 International transfer of personal data
Evotec is an international business and, at time, will need to transfer your personal data within our group of companies or to approved third party providers. In some cases, we may transfer your data from inside to outside of the European Union and the European Economic Area. In these cases, we have ensured that an appropriate level of data protection is guaranteed by so-called Standard Contractual Clauses (SCCs). The relevant parts of the contracts concluded within our group of companies can be found here (2010/87/EC) and here (2004/915/EC).
3 Integrity and retention of personal information
We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this privacy statement. When assessing these periods we carefully examine our need to collect personal information at all and if we establish a relevant need, we only retain it for the shortest possible period to realise the purpose of collection unless a longer retention period is required by law. Subsequently, or if you ask us to do so, we will delete your personal data.
3.1 Your rights as a user
As a user, you have the right to request information about what personal data is stored by us and for what purpose it is stored. In addition, you may have incorrect data corrected or data deleted that is inadmissible or no longer necessary to be stored. Additionally, you have the right to demand the restriction of the processing of your data, to have your automatically processed data transferred, if we process them by your consent or contract, and to complain to a regulator, if you believe that the processing of your data by us is unlawful.
Finally, you have the right to object to the processing, if your data are processed due to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR. We will then cease to process your data unless there are demonstrable compelling reasons for the processing that outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing is for the purpose of enforcing, pursuing or defending legal claims.
We are at your disposal for information, wishes or suggestions on the subject of data protection.
3.2 Data Protection Officer
Our data protection officer will be happy to provide you with information or suggestions on the subject of data protection:
When making an inquiry, please include the entity that is affected by the inquiry.